- Member since 1985 and past president of the “Professional Numismatists Guild” (PNG). Served on the Board of Directors for twelve years. There are thousands of coin dealers nationally, but only about 275 PNG members due to strict membership standards. The PNG is at the forefront on consumer protection and regulation of the industry.
- Life Member of “The American Numismatic Association” (ANA) and frequent consultant and contributor since 1970. Currently serving on the Board of Directors. This is the largest coin collector organization in the world.
- Member and past chairman of the “Industry Council for Tangible Assets” (ICTA). Serving as member of the Board of Directors for the past twenty years. ICTA is the coin and precious metals consumer and dealer advocate group in Washington, D.C.
- Member of The International Appraisers Association, specializing in rare coins, precious metals, and currency. Standards and practices insure the integrity of the appraisal process.
- Major contributor to the pricing offered in “The Guidebook of United States Coins” by R.S. Yeoman, the major reference book for United States coins. This book lists every U.S. coin with grading and pricing information to the market.
- A guest or interviewed for market opinions by networks and news media.Making the right decisions in collectable rare coins, and doing so with a vast working knowledge is what Gary Adkins Associates can bring to the table. Gary Adkins, a past President of the Professional Numismatist Guild has over 50 years buying, selling and personally collecting rare coins, gold coins, silver coins and bullion coins.
- Nearly 5 decades of experience in buying, selling and trading rare coins, currency and precious metals. A collector at heart, I understand the needs of collectors and investors.
- Owned and managed my own company, Gary Adkins Associates, Inc., as well as assisting in the management or advisor to other industry related companies for over 45 years.
- Diverse business background includes real estate investment, land development, automotive engineering, movie production, and bank ownership.
- Assisted thousands of serious collectors and investors to assemble collections or portfolios of choice and rare coins, currency and precious metals.
- Created the “Collectors Bill of Rights” on behalf of PNG and was awarded one of the organizations highest honors for that work. This Bill of Rights outlines what consumers should expect from anyone they do business with.
- Served as business issues advisor to the National Federation of Independent Business, the Minnesota Legislature, and the Better Business Bureau regarding consumer protection and tax issues.